Monday, June 1, 2009

deep in the heart....

I am seeing if I can post to this from my Blackberry (this was unsuccessful, hence why it's taken me so long to post it =) But, I did save it on my BB and here's what I wrote when I was there). I am in Texas right now and have been having a fabulous time.

There's this friend that we've known for over a decade. A million years ago in what seems like a different lifetime, my husband and I volunteered for a customer service position for a game called Everquest. The guy was a kid when we met him, now he's 25 and he got married this weekend. He asked my husband to be his best man and he's camped with us at Burning Man the last few years. It's really amazing and sort of funny sometimes how things happen and how people come in to each others lives. I am glad and proud to have Ross and Lauren as our friends. I hope we get to visit them again, soon, some day!

Here's Ross:
Here's Lauren before the wedding:

They are good friends, beautiful people and I feel priveleged that they included us and they were very good to us when we were there. Good times, guys. Truly family of choice.

There was an Elvis sighting....

Anyway, this is the first time as an adult that I have ever visited the Dallas/Fort Worth area and it's not really what I expected. We headed the other day down to the West End where the wedding was going to be and we come off the freeway to be driving along the stretch of road where Kennedy was shot...we could see the grassy knoll right there. It was very surreal feeling because we hadn't sought it out, we just sort of stumbled across it.

Being the morbid soul I am, I had to go back the next day and take pictures:
View from the X where the car was


Closeup of the window where the shot was fired from
An X in the road where he was shot...
And finally, from the Dallas Aquarium, our friend the turtle, who posed for us and everything:
What you lookin' at?!?
And that's part of what happening in Forth Worth/Dallas. Next stop, PARIS!!
Peace!

No comments: